If you haven’t seen this movie, I have provided a checklist to see if you will enjoy it. If you answer “yes” to all of them, then go ahead and rent away!
1) Do you have the patience to sit for 3 hours?
2) Did you see Disney’s Pocahontas?
3) Did you like Disney’s Pocahontas?
4) Did you see Dancing With Wolves?
5) Did you like Dancing With Wolves?
6) Did you see How to Train Your Dragon?
7) Did you like How to Train Your Dragon?
8) Do you find Sam Worthington attractive?
Congrats! You completed the checklist. Will this movie be worth the rental fee? That is for you to decide. However, in my personal opinion, this movie is totally worth the 3 hours! I LOVE all the movies listed above and never get tired of the “foreign man learning about a new culture and falling in love with the cheif’s daughter and then choosing the new culture over his original culture” plot. I just can’t get enough!! Not sure if it’s because the plot all on its own is riveting or if it’s because I’m secretly hoping to open up my closet and find my own kind of Narnia where I can become queen and learn to fly a dragon. But that’s neither here nor there.
Popcorn Rating: 4 popped corns
I don’t think you’ll be disappointed. Sam is pretty sexy as a giant blue man, and some of the one liners in this movie are to die!